This is late, but I’m just trying some pre-scheduled posts to see if they work whilst I’ve limmited access to the Internet. We made them before leaving the UK, but I was so busy packing I didn’t post the recipe, but they’re delicious and were eaten very quickly. If you make them I hope you enjoy!
Ingredients and Method
for the cookies:
1 cup of dark brown sugar
8 tablespoons softened butter
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
for the filling:
3/4 cup icing sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
1. Preheat the oven to 375C/190F/Gas 5. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. To make the filling, cream together the peanut butter and icing sugar. Refrigerate.
3. To make the dough beat together the brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda, and mix until a thick dough forms.
4. Divide the dough into twenty pieces that are roughly equal in size. Remove the chilled filling from the fridge and divide it into 20 equally sized pieces, then roll them into balls and set aside.
5. Place a piece of dough in the palm of your hand and flatten it out. Place a filling ball in the middle of the dough and wrap the dough around it, rolling it into a ball to seal it. Place it on the baking sheet, and flatten it lightly with your hand. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing it out on the cookie sheets.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are set and slightly cracked around the edges.
Scrummy! What’s the equivilant to scrummy in French?