As strawberry season is coming I thought I’d shared this delicious recipe. It’s wonderful on a warm terrace with a glass of cold rosé.
Ingredients and Method
170g plain flour, 85g salted butter, 3 egg yolks, 85g caster sugar, 2 drops of vanilla essence.
225g mascarpone cheese, 90ml greek yoghurt, 2 drops of vanilla essence, 2 punnetts of strawberries, 170g red currant jelly.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5.
- Cream the butter, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla essence in a food processor. Then mix in the flour. Shape the dough into a flat round and wrap in cling film before putting in the fridge for fifteen minutes.
- Grease a 20cm (8inch) pastry tin and roll out the dough between stow sheets of greaseproof paper. Line the tin with the dough and put some baking paper covering the base of the pastry. Line with baking beans building them up at the sides to maintain the shape of the pie.
- Blind bake the pie for fifteen minutes, then remove the beans and baking paper. Continue to blind bake until the pastry is golden – you may need to cover the edges with tin foil. Allow to cool.
- Wash, hull and half the strawberries before arranging them over the pie base.
- Melt the jelly in a pan briefly before sieving and brushing over the strawberries to make a glaze.
If you try it yourself tell me what you think!