These are truly delicious and wonderful to make with small children as they’re easy and contain no eggs so if some gets eaten whilst making them you don’t need to worry!
Ingredients and Method
100g each of good quality plain and dark chocolate, 50g butter, 397g can of condensed milk, 225g self-raising flour, 65g white chocolate drops.
- If you have three baking trays line them all with baking parchment.
- Break up the chocolate and melt it with the butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally to make sure it is thoroughly melted and then take it away from the heat to cool slightly.
- Once cooled add the can of condensed milk and stir thoroughly.
- In a bowl put the flour and chocolate drops. Stir in the chocolate mixture and then put the mixture in the fridge until it has a fudge like consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C/Gas 4. Spoon the mixture onto the baking trays with a tablespoon – it makes about 20 cookies – and bake for 12 minutes. The cookies should be slightly shiny and soft when they’re done so be careful not to over cook them.
- Once baked leave them to cool slightly on the tray and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.