These are a super tasty treat that you can give your special someone for Valentines Day.
Ingredients and Method
100g praline, 150g butter, 60g icing sugar, 60g cake flour and 150g plain flour, 300ml whipped double cream and de-husked and halved strawberries, 1 1/2 cups of sifted icing sugar, 3 egg whites, 1 teaspoon of glycerine, pink food colouring and pink crystals to decorate.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a bowl. Mix in the two types of flour and praline until it forms a stiff dough.
- On some greaseproof paper roll out half of the mixture until it’s about 1/2 an inch thick, then cut out heart shapes and place them onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Do the same with the other half of the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 10-13 minutes, keeping an eye on them, and remove when a light, golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a write rack to cool completely.
- When ready to ice add the egg whites to a bowl and whisk. Then add the icing sugar a tablespoon at a time beating well after each addition. When the desired consistency for piping is reached add the glycerine and beat well to maintain this consistency.
- On half the hearts pipe a heart outline and fill in with a star shaped piping head, sprinkle the pink crystals on top.
- On the remaining halves used two spoons to put the mixture onto the biscuits – if you can keep the spoon shape and lay it on in a ‘V’ it will mirror the heart – then add two strawberry halves also in a ‘V’ shape.
- Place the decorated biscuits on top to form a sandwich.